Let's Make Your Phone Purr
In the News:Warren mentioned The war between china and Nokia. You can learn more by visiting this CNET article.While reading this page, Warren demonstrated how to adda shortcut to any web page on your home screen.Nimer spoke about AT&T announcing...
In the News:
- Warren mentioned The war between china and Nokia. You can learn more by visiting this CNET article.
- While reading this page, Warren demonstrated how to adda shortcut to any web page on your home screen.
- Nimer spoke about AT&T announcing they now have a national 5G network. You can learn more on the AT&T site.
- Marco discussed the OnePlus nord release. You can find out more on the OnePlus site.
- Marco brought up the upcoming Samsung Unpacked event. You can find out more about the rumors of what will be announced from this article.
- We also discussed the non-availability of midrange phones in the US.
- The final item in the news is announcement that RightHear 3.0 will be announced and demonstrated at an event taking place on Wednesday, July 28 at 1:00 PM Eastern time. If you would like to sign up to attend the event, use this link.
We discussed the following:
- The lack of value of closing apps from the recent app screen.
- Rebooting phones and how often one should reboot.
- Modern batteries in smartphones, and how they don't require recalibration, as well as how to get the most life out of them.
- Security apps, and whether you should use one, and which one. Recommended was the Sophos Intercept X.
- Google Advanced protection program. To learn more, visit this Google Support link.
- Password managers.
- The value of cleaning of cache and program data. Apps we recommend for this include:
- device care on the Samsung device
- similar apps from LG and other manufacturers
- and the Google Files app.
- We also like these two apps for phone optimization and accessing hidden Android settings: Android Hidden Settings, and 3c All In One Toolbox.
Finally, we addressed two listener emails about weather apps, and Android manufacturer update policies.
Getting In Touch:
- For questions or suggestions about the podcast, or if you would like to record a demo of an app, please feel free to send us those via email to:
- Should you want to be a member of the ANATAD mailing list, where we discuss Android, Google, and lots of other topics, then send a "Join Request" to:
- Please share this podcast, and subscribe using your favorite podcatcher. You can get links to the podcast for your favorite podcatcher by visiting anatadpodcast.com
Thank you for listening, and
Support the show (https://www.pod.fan/blind-tech-guys)
Support the Blind Tech Guys with a Donation If you are enjoying the content, we ask that you consider supporting the podcast with a donation. You may set up either a recurring, or one-time donation. Your contribution will go towards paying for our monthly podcast provider costs, as well as our live streaming platform.
Get in Touch
The Blind Tech Guys would certainly appreciate hearing from you. Do you have a tip for our listeners? A question you would like to ask? A comment about something covered on the show? We would love to hear from you! To get in touch, complete the feedback form at the bottom, and we will read your feedback on the next episode of the podcast. If you would prefer that we not do so, please let us know. If you'd prefer to not complete the form, email us instead.
Why not join our mailing list? You can interact with the community, ask your questions, and talk tech 24 hours a day. Simply send a blank email to email@example.com
Check out our social channels for more updates from the Blind Tech Guys! You can find and interact with us at the following:
© 2021 Blind Tech Guys