Android vs iPhone: The Heat Is On
Hello everyone and thank you for joining us for this week's ANATAD Podcast.Firstly, a very happy independence day to our listeners located in India and we trust that you celebrated accordingly. In the News Google wants to hear from users who are...
Firstly, a very happy independence day to our listeners located in India and we trust that you celebrated accordingly.
- Google wants to hear from users who are running the final beta of Android 11 before the public release next month with respect to what works, what needs to be changed, etc. You can learn more in this article.
- Google Meet is rumoured to take over the running of Google Duo. Duo could be done by the end of the year. You can learn more in this XDA article.
- The Microsoft Surface Duo has two screens and runs Android, for $1399. Is it worth it? Find out what we think by listening to the show, and learn more about the device at this XDA Developers article.
- Apple wants us to bundle its subscriptions. Is this subscription overload? This article seems to think so.
- G board has some interesting accessibility enhancements in the new beta, including the ability to swipe between each letter.
- Signal adds message requests to allow users to learn more about who's contacting them, and now allows video calls. You can learn more at this XDA Developers article.
- Google rolls out Meet, Chat, and Rooms tabs in Gmail for G Suite. Learn more by visiting this XDA Developers article.
- We compared system settings on iOS vs. Android.
- We also compared the notifications center in both iOS and Android.
- We discussed the similarities between streaming apps on iOS and Android.
- Finally, we demonstrated the differences in the Youtube app on both iOS and Android.
- Michael Ryan sent us an email notifying us that Lookout is now available in Canada.
- He wanted to know about how to trigger a continuous read using Google Assistant.
- He also wanted to know the name of the introduction theme song.
- Listen to the podcast to find out the answers to these questions.
- David Mehler Wanted to know how to configure Lastpass to work from the cloud.
- We mentioned that we now recommend and have started using Bitwarden for password management.
- We also stated that Lastpass can be configured to run in the cloud while setting up the Lastpass account, where users can choose where to have passwords stored.
- Phia from Sonokids emailed and requested a partnership with Anatad Podcast and Sonokids, as they are working to make their gam
Support the show (https://www.pod.fan/blind-tech-guys)
Support the Blind Tech Guys by buying us a coffee If you are enjoying the content, we ask that you consider supporting the podcast by buying us a coffee. You can join either as a supporter, or as a member. Your contribution will go towards paying for our monthly podcast provider costs, as well as our live streaming platform.
Get in Touch
The Blind Tech Guys would certainly appreciate hearing from you. Do you have a tip for our listeners? A question you would like to ask? A comment about something covered on the show? We would love to hear from you! To get in touch, complete the feedback form at the bottom, and we will read your feedback on the next episode of the podcast. If you would prefer that we not do so, please let us know. If you'd prefer to not complete the form, email us instead.
Why not join our mailing list? You can interact with the community, ask your questions, and talk tech 24 hours a day. Simply send a blank email to email@example.com
Check out our social channels for more updates from the Blind Tech Guys! You can find and interact with us at the following:
© 2021 Blind Tech Guys