Android vs iPhone: Braille Input And Web Accessibility
Welcome to episode 49 of the ANATAD Podcast. The team would like to thank you all for tuning in this week and a special welcome to our many new listeners.What's New In The NewsMarco discussed the retirement of Dan Clark and His 25 Years of Service to...
What's New In The News
- Marco discussed the retirement of Dan Clark and His 25 Years of Service to Blind and Low Vision Users;
- Nimer advised on how to obtain your free Samsung Headphones if you received a Samsung device without them by filling out this simple form, courtesy of AndroidAuthority;
- Marco debated whether many iPhone App Ads Hide Malware;
- Warren mentioned that AT&T returns to self-branded phones with the Radiant Max;
- Nimer finished off this segment with the story T-Mobile releases budget phones, including a cheap 5G model, curtesy of Engadget.
In the main segment of this week's podcast, we talked about and demonstrated braille input and web accessibility on the Android and iPhone platforms and when all was said and done, there was no doubt as to who the winner was. It really became apparent that one of the platforms really did need to do a lot of work to make this right sooner, rather than later.
- Email from Scott asking about Android launchers;
- Email from Rocky welcoming Warren back;
- Email from Michael asking how to find ringtones on the Android platform;
- Email from Kerry asking for a comparison on braille and web accessibility on both platforms;
- Email from Disrithmia trying to decide whether to go with Android or iPhone;
- Marco thanked new listeners Kirk and Mia for their kind words on Facebook.
found at the ANATAD Podcast website.
Support the Blind Tech Guys by buying us a coffee If you are enjoying the content, we ask that you consider supporting the podcast by buying us a coffee. You can join either as a supporter, or as a member. Your contribution will go towards paying for our monthly podcast provider costs, as well as our live streaming platform.
Get in Touch
The Blind Tech Guys would certainly appreciate hearing from you. Do you have a tip for our listeners? A question you would like to ask? A comment about something covered on the show? We would love to hear from you! To get in touch, complete the feedback form at the bottom, and we will read your feedback on the next episode of the podcast. If you would prefer that we not do so, please let us know. If you'd prefer to not complete the form, email us instead.
Why not join our mailing list? You can interact with the community, ask your questions, and talk tech 24 hours a day. Simply send a blank email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out our social channels for more updates from the Blind Tech Guys! You can find and interact with us at the following:
© 2021 Blind Tech Guys