How To Sort Out Your Android OS 11 Talkback Issues On A Samsung Phone
On this episode, Kirt takes us through how to go about removing Samsung's version of Talkback on a Samsung phone running OS 11 and installing Google's version of Talkback by using ADB.
Welcome to episode 67 of the Blind Tech Guys. We wish all of our listeners a happy new year and trust that 2021 will be a far better year for all of you than 2020 was.
What’s New, In the News
What’s New, In the News
- Galaxy S21 launches January 14th at Samsung's first Unpacked of 2021
- Motorola looks to start 2021 on a strong note with an affordable flagship and a low-tier 5G phone
- Five Best Police Scanner Apps for Android
- 12-year old British girl sues TikTok over use of her personal data
Main Discussion On Today’s Episode
Kirt discusses getting Talkback back on Samsung devices running Android 11 and takes us through the process of how to get this done by using NVDA on a Windows PC and how to set things up to run smoothly on his Samsung device.
Kirt used This tutorial on xda developers to uninstall Samsung Talkback. For convenience, the specific commands for removing Samsung Talkback are listed below.
- Extract the developer tools to an easy location, plug your phone into a USB port on your computer, enable USB debugging in your phone developer options and grant your computer permission as directed by the XDA tutorial. If prompted make sure you change your connection from charging only to file transfer mode.
- Open the “platform tools” inside the ADB folder you extracted, press shift +f10 and you’ll either be able to run the command prompt or power shell. Either works.
- Launch the developer bridge.
- Command prompt: adb devices
- powershell: .\adb devices
- Open the adb shell:
- Command prompt: adb shell
- Powershell: .\adb shell
- Uninstall Samsung Talkback – He couldn’t get this to copy and paste in powershell so you may have to type this out:
- pm uninstall -k –user 0 com.samsung.android.accessibility.talkback
- If you get the “success” message, Samsung Talkback has been uninstalled. If your Talkback was on during the uninstall you may need to turn it off before stock Talkback shows up in your installed services. He used commentary screen reader for that part.
Get in Touch
To get in touch, send us an email firstname.lastname@example.org
or join our mailing list by sending an email to email@example.com
- You can find and interact with us at the following:
Support the Blind Tech Guys by buying us a coffee If you are enjoying the content, we ask that you consider supporting the podcast by buying us a coffee. You can join either as a supporter, or as a member. Your contribution will go towards paying for our monthly podcast provider costs, as well as our live streaming platform.
Get in Touch
The Blind Tech Guys would certainly appreciate hearing from you. Do you have a tip for our listeners? A question you would like to ask? A comment about something covered on the show? We would love to hear from you! To get in touch, complete the feedback form at the bottom, and we will read your feedback on the next episode of the podcast. If you would prefer that we not do so, please let us know. If you'd prefer to not complete the form, email us instead.
Why not join our mailing list? You can interact with the community, ask your questions, and talk tech 24 hours a day. Simply send a blank email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out our social channels for more updates from the Blind Tech Guys! You can find and interact with us at the following:
© 2021 Blind Tech Guys