Screen Readers Delight
On this episode of the pod, we sat down and compared NVDA, Jaws For Windows and Windows Narrator and demonstrated their strengths and their weaknesses and debated what we liked and disliked about each one.
Welcome to episode 74 of the Blind Tech Guys. We trust you will enjoy the latest episode of the pod.
What’s New, In The News
- Nimer demos Narrator in a few apps, and goes through the settings to see how customizable it is.
- Nimer demos NVDA screen review, and discusses the difference between the other review modes, and compares to JAWS cursor and touch cursor.
- Marco demos the JAWS cursor in a couple of apps.
- The team discusses their preferences, and why they might use one over another.
Did you know??
Lazarillo can help you find bus stops. Nimer discusses how to go about doing this, and why it may be helpful. Note that we have demoed Lazarillo in the past, and interviewed the developer. This is both an Android and iOS app.
We did not have any listener emails this week, however we look forward to your comments in future. You can either fill out our feedback form on the site, or email us at email@example.com
Consider a Donation
Did you know that we pay more than $50/month to bring this content to you?
- If you enjoy and value our content, please consider donating. Any contribution, no matter how small, helps us give you more app demos, device reviews, and tips to help you make the most of your technology.
- please share our podcast with your friends, and let app developers know that you heard a demo of their app on our podcast by tagging them on Twitter.
Thank you for your support, and for your listenership!
Get in Touch
To get in touch, you can fill out the contact form on our website. Alternatively our direct email is firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can also join our mailing list by sending a blank email to email@example.com
- You can find and interact with us at the following:
Support the Blind Tech Guys with a Donation If you are enjoying the content, we ask that you consider supporting the podcast with a donation. You may set up either a recurring, or one-time donation. Your contribution will go towards paying for our monthly podcast provider costs, as well as our live streaming platform.
Get in Touch
The Blind Tech Guys would certainly appreciate hearing from you. Do you have a tip for our listeners? A question you would like to ask? A comment about something covered on the show? We would love to hear from you! To get in touch, complete the feedback form at the bottom, and we will read your feedback on the next episode of the podcast. If you would prefer that we not do so, please let us know. If you'd prefer to not complete the form, email us instead.
Why not join our mailing list? You can interact with the community, ask your questions, and talk tech 24 hours a day. Simply send a blank email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out our social channels for more updates from the Blind Tech Guys! You can find and interact with us at the following:
© 2020 Blind Tech Guys