Web Content Accessibility Guidelines, How Far Have We Actually Come
Hello everyone and welcome to this week's bonus episode of the Blind Tech Guys.On this episode, Nimer and Marco sat down with Mark Muscat and Dr. Scott Hollier for a chat on accessibility, WCAG, and whether we are moving in the right direction with...
On this episode, Nimer and Marco sat down with Mark Muscat and Dr. Scott Hollier for a chat on accessibility, WCAG, and whether we are moving in the right direction with making the web and PDF documents truly accessible.
- Dr. Hollier and Mark introduced themselves, and discussed their experience in the accessibility field.
- Marco and Nimer took turns asking questions about a number of topics including:
- WCAG and its purpose,
- How valuable is WCAG at making sure companies’ web presence is accessible,
- How do individuals receive training in WCAG,
- How do companies locate individuals to hire who are trained in WCAG and other accessibility best practices,
- And what kind of enforcement exists in the U.S. and Australia which mandates companies comply with WCAG, as well as what Mark and Dr. Hollier think works to get companies to comply.
We want to thank Dr. Scott Hollier and Mr. Mark Muscat for agreeing to discuss this interesting topic with us and the team appreciates you giving up your valuable time in order to be a part of this week's bonus show.
- To get in touch, send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- In order to support the show, please share this podcast, and subscribe using your favourite podcatcher. Links can be found at the Blind Tech Guys website.
- We can also be found on Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.
- Finally, why not join the Blind Tech Guys Telegram group or be a part of our mailing list by sending a blank email to email@example.com
Support the Blind Tech Guys by buying us a coffee If you are enjoying the content, we ask that you consider supporting the podcast by buying us a coffee. You can join either as a supporter, or as a member. Your contribution will go towards paying for our monthly podcast provider costs, as well as our live streaming platform.
Get in Touch
The Blind Tech Guys would certainly appreciate hearing from you. Do you have a tip for our listeners? A question you would like to ask? A comment about something covered on the show? We would love to hear from you! To get in touch, complete the feedback form at the bottom, and we will read your feedback on the next episode of the podcast. If you would prefer that we not do so, please let us know. If you'd prefer to not complete the form, email us instead.
Why not join our mailing list? You can interact with the community, ask your questions, and talk tech 24 hours a day. Simply send a blank email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out our social channels for more updates from the Blind Tech Guys! You can find and interact with us at the following:
© 2021 Blind Tech Guys